Friday, 19 December 2014

Christmas Break

As of today, school is out for two weeks for the Christmas holidays. I'm looking forward to going to Dad's, but that's not until St. Stephen's Day. The vast majority of my "days off" will be spent in with Ms. O' Regan working on my Young Scientist report book. I'm both apprehensive and a little excited. Staying in school til the wee hours is strange, but also really cool because it's special. If it weren't for Young Scientist, I wouldn't be so intimately familiar with the staffroom in the depths of winter, or know just how cold it gets.

Apart from that, I don't have many plans for the break. I was supposed to be going to a CTYI reunion tomorrow that I've been looking forward to for ages, but Mam wants to go to a party the night before and won't let me. I've been roped into singing at Mass again, though this time I don't even get to choose the songs and the ones I was given are awful - Go Tell It On the Mountains and some other one I don't know at all.

I'll be in Dad's from the 26th 'til probably New Year's Day. I wonder where I'm going for New Year's Eve. Last year I was in or Young Scientist til afternoon on the 31st of December. Ms. O' Regan is determined that we won't spend as much of Christmas in doing YS, but I don't think that's likely. We'll see what happens.

I was at my choir concert/carol service yesterday, but I'm waiting to post about that until I get the photos I took uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment