Tuesday, 30 December 2014

New Year's Resolutions

This is the third in a four-part series leading up to New Year 2015 where this blog gets a bit reflective.

30/12/14 - New Year's Resolutions
31/12/14 - Yearly Review

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions, but I'm going to use this opportunity to think about some general changes I want to make. I have some projects on the go that feature, as well as general aspects of my life. 

Oh, and perhaps surprisingly: even though I'm utterly unfit (though I'm still thin), I have no intention of exercising.

1. Be More Organised

Disorganization seems to be one of my personality traits, but I'm going to make an effort to remember to do and bring in homework for school, to avoid losing my possessions and to prepare (reasonably) far in advance for things.

I know it would reduce my stress levels a lot and so I'll give it a go - but it'll be a process.

2. Think About Others More Often 

After that post about my faults, I've realised that I need to fight my natural selfishness and so I'm trying to focus more on my friends. Some of them really need a good self-esteem boost, and I'm hoping I can transfer some of my ego over to them. 

Everyone else has their own stories to tell, and I should listen to them more.

I'm also going to pay more attention to my family. I think I'm a nice sister, but I don't spend as much time with the siblings as I should. I've been under a lot of pressure lately but I still need to make time for them. 

3. Look After Myself (Kinda)

This may seem contradictory, but it's not. Everyone tells me I need to have better eating habits because I'm too underweight, need to exercise, need to take time to relax, etc., and most of the time I brush them off --

And let's face it, I'm going to continue to do that for another while. I eat when I'm hungry. It can't be that bad.

But when I'm off working on my various projects I forget about the mundane things, so I need to remember to brush my hair and teeth more often.

Simple as they are, those are the things I'm liable to forget.

Also, buy more bras. 

To my projects...

4. Get Better at Coding

I've completed one Codecademy course in HTML & CSS, so I know the basics of that. I've almost completed another course, but that's just practising HTML & CSS. I did try to learn Javascript this year but it didn't really work out. I might give it another go after I strengthen my HTML skills, because HTML is very basic. 

5. Writing

I'm not making a hard-and-fast goal on this one just yet. I've written one novel a year the past two years, but I'm feeling a bit fatigued at the moment so I don't want to commit to another (though I very likely will start another in Spring/Summer), but I at least have to revise my recently-completed novel.


I'm not even going to think about school, but I really have to fix that somehow...



No comments:

Post a Comment