Friday, 30 January 2015

Photo Friday #5: Jude and the Forest

Photo Friday is a weekly event on this blog where I pick a photo that means something to me and talk about it. This week's photo is of my little brother when he was five. 



I think it's a really nice photo for one just taken using my iPod. There must have been a nice mist or lighting or something, I don't know. But anyway, this is from a day Dad took us for a walk in the woods. I think it was Townley Hall, but I can't remember. 

Anyway, there was a swing over a big ravine. It was very dangerous because it was just a small log tied onto a blue rope looped over a branch high above, but we all took turns hanging on for dear life as Dad pushed us across the ravine on it. It was exhilarating, and a trust exercise because it was pretty much impossible to get off the swing without someone catching you and holding you back, you built up a lot of momentum and would just fall into the ravine otherwise. 

I kinda can't believe we let a five-year-old do that now. Falling would have meant death. Wow. But yeah, it was a lovely day and we loved that swing.

As we were walking back Jude crawled under a gap in a tree trunk and I got this picture of him looking adorable. It was a nice moment.

Also, the title of this post sounds like an MG book.

No comments:

Post a Comment