Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Interview with the Mysterious Kay

I'm sure you've seen me mention Kay a few times, so it's about time to sit down and do an interview with him to introduce him properly. Aloha, Kay. 

Q. We met at the BTYS. What was your project about?

A. My project focused on trying to improve food security in Ireland by proposing the introduction of a new group of animals into human diets, insects in particular. While it's extremely popular in Eastern cultures, there isn't any reason for Entomophagy (the human consumption of insects) to be introduced to Ireland. 

I found that cricket farms could generate 14 times as much protein as cattle farming, per unit farming area. Insects take up very little space, and need very little feed compared to cattle due to insects being cold blooded and don't have to undergo homeostasis, they don't have to regulate an internal body temperature. 


Q. How sick are you of that question?

A. Over the four days, I was asked that question MANY times. By judges, and the general public, including students, entomologists and even a mother doing a PhD thesis on edible insects.

So I was really repeating the same thing over and over again, it eventually got on my nerves and got very tiring yes, which is why I would take a break every now and then, and check out the other amazing projects, like yours Elle, for example!

Q. Sure, if creepily staring constitutes checking out ;) Any good memories of BTYS?

A. YS was a blast. I had one of the best weeks of my life. The week off school, 5 star hotel for 3 nights, the fun of YS, made awesome new friends and learnt loads! I had an amazing Indian dinner on the second night near the RDS, can't remember it's name, but I'd give it an amazing review! Shout out to Ballsbridge hotel! They have a pancake machine at the breakfast that I loved .. I also left a note in my room for extra milks from housekeeping and they were very kind xD



The memory that lasted though? That would you be you Elle <3 A superb friendship. 


Q. Aww. What subjects are you doing for the Leaving Cert?

A. I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, English and Spanish.

Q. No Irish?

A. Alas, I moved to Ireland at the young age of 11 for first year, and therefore I get an exemption from Irish. 

Q. What's your least favourite subject and why?

A. English. Literature has always been a pain for me because of my poor range of vocabulary, and the fact that an English grade can vary between examiners and the mood of the examiner annoys me. Not to mention the lack of an actual marking scheme like maths would have. 

Q. What's your favourite subject and why?

A. Applied Maths, while it's probably the hardest, it's rewarding. It seems to be the most practical too (applied). 

Q. What do you hope to do in college?

A. I'm looking into chemical engineering. The graduate prospects are amazing as well as the demand and average salaries. It's more of a starting degree for me, I haven't a clue what I really want to do after college.. I enjoy travelling so I definitely won't stay in one place too long anyway. 

Q. What has been your favourite age?

I would say 14. Life was happy at that time. I made a friend, Maisie. Maisie was a friend I got really close to and she was quite a highlight of my life! Memories were made and she was such an awesome friend. 

Q. What are you talented at?

A. Talent usually refers to something people are gifted at, and if that's the case, I think, nothing. I, however, have determination to get some things done, unfortunately, not enough to keep going with a lot of stuff. For example, I used to play piano, got really good at it, but I lose the interest, so I got less and less determnined to learn or play. I used to love ice skating as a child. I got really good at it, and I was taking professional figure skating classes, but again I didn't have enough determination to keep it up. In school, I'm always determined and enthusiastic to learn maths and chemistry, which has given me pretty decent grades. If you want something done, I think you just need to be determined to work for it, then everything will fall into place. 

Q. Do you have a motto?

A. Live in the moment. Don't think too far into the future, and leave the past behind.. If you loved something or someone in the past, make the effort to make them the present.

Q. How much do you hate me right now?

A. Why would I hate you? You're an amazing friend.

Q. For all these questions.

A. Not at all. I feel special. 

Q. What do you look for in a relationship?

A. Honesty. So much honesty.

Q. Favourite song?

A. I'm going through an Avril Lavigne phase. Her old music is legendary and I've began to like her music again. I'm probably looking at Sk8er Boi as my favourite song, even though it was made in 2006.

Q. Would you rather have flight or invisibility?

A. Invisibility. Flight would make me fat because I'd just fly everywhere, up stairs etc. Flight cuts out the very little physical exercise I do in life. Invisibility sounds more fun really.

Q. Are you into any sports?

A. Yeah, sports that don't really involve other people ... for example, I'm into running, and swimming. I also cycle often but I'm in need of a faster, lighter bike. If you consider computer gaming a sport, I've gotten really into League of Legends. Other sports, like soccer or tennis, I've never really been good at, to be honest. If you consider bowling a sport, I find it rather fun, just scored 140 in one game earlier today. 

Q. I don't know what that 140 means but okay. How great am I, on a scale from 10 to 10? Don't start using indices or something, I swear to God.

A. Definitely a 10, on a scale of 10 to 10. 

Q. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

A. No, but I did scrape my knees when I crawled out of hell.

Q. Because you're Sata - you ruined my joke!

A. Okay, I am Satan. I have a big-ass trident I like to poke people with. 

Q. Yeah, your annoying personality. Thanks for this ex oh ex oh

You make me feel special Elle <3 Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment