Thursday, 26 February 2015

My School Timetable

History
N.E. Religion
Physics
Chemistry
English
French
History
Physics
English
Maths
Break
Break
Break
Break
Break
N.E. Religion
Irish
Irish
Irish
Chemistry
Maths
English
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
English
French
P.E.
P. Care
Irish
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Physics
Chemistry
History
History
N.E. Religion
Physics
Chemistry
French
Maths
French
Irish
Maths
English
French
History


Because I know you all totally care so much about the fascinating minutiae of my quotidian life (I'm using that word wrong, aren't I? Daily.), I'm going to talk about my school timetable. I'm such an inspired genius, I know. The muse just flows within me. Behold, also, the wonder of my MS Word skillz; a year of ECDL has truly honed my table-making abilities. 

Patterns

I think it's been established that I'm a fan of patterns, and I can't help noticing them on my timetable because c'mon, I'm exposed to it a lot. Let's go!

  • I have every class every day (except the sciences), which is definitely different from previous years. For the Junior Cert, I did 10 subjects, so all of them definitely could not have fit into 8 classes a day. Now, however, I do 7 subjects in school, so there's room for all seven plus an extra class (non-exam religion or P.E., which are essentially doss classes). This means that (again, apart from the sciences, which require double classes for experiments), I can never get away with putting homework off for a night.
  • Physics is always beside Irish; before it on Mondays and Wednesdays, and after it on Thursdays.
  • History and French are always near each other. They're adjacent classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and separated by only one class on Thursdays. Admittedly, Tuesday holds a bit of a stretch. This is awful because I find History and French the most boring classes, so Monday mornings and Friday evenings seem to drag on forever.
  • Irish is at the same time for the majority of the week; first class after break. This is pretty convenient for us as the teacher takes a while to get to class after breaktime.
  • English and Maths seem to be all over the place, with only a slight tendency to be adjacent to each other (two days of the week).
  • My doss classes are conveniently placed for getting homework done. 

Personal Comments

First of all, I really love this timetable overall. But I'll start with the negatives anyway because I like ending on a positive note.

  • The two most boring classes, as I said above, are too close together too often. I mean, other people might like them, but this is just for me. It puts me in a bad mood, being bored for that long. 
  • I tend to fall asleep in Irish, even though I don't mind the class ... It would be nice to blame that on the timetable, but it's probably untrue.
  • I would much rather not do P.E. I know it's good to have exercise, etc., but it's not fair that those who choose to do Exam Religion get four free classes a week and get out of P.E. Psh, not like the school is promoting religion or anything, no way. With those four classes, I could do Biology in school instead of trying to teach myself at home where I lack motivation.
Now for the good!

  • I adore Tuesdays. I mean, obviously the three middle classes (all three languages) are awful, but at least they're put there together so they can't ruin the rest of the day. The blow of History is softened with the relaxing non-exam religion directly beforehand. And then we get to my beloved Tuesday evenings, with double Chemistry and Maths. Literally my favourite combination of classes. Though if I could have non-exam religion, Double Physics, Double Chemistry, Maths, that would be ideal. Actually, I'm going to draw up a timetable for my ideal school day.

Maths
Biology
Break
Non-exam religion
Physics
Physics
Lunch
Chemistry
Chemistry
Maths

And there we go. Ignore the awful colour scheme, I was trying to match it with the one above. Obviously, my day would be extremely STEM-heavy, so I put in the non-exam religion to give my brain a break. Maybe another non-exam religion after lunch would come in handy, but that's all eight classes covered already.

I've preserved my beloved Tuesday evening and added an extra Maths, to open and close the day with it because while HL Maths can be difficult at times, that class really energizes me and I always feel like it's going by too fast. Chemistry and Physics occasionally drag, but not too often.

Sadly, this couldn't happen because two of the compulsory subjects for Leaving Cert are English and Irish, and I've left them out. Obviously, I love English as a language and to write in, but I don't particularly like the class. I'm enjoying doing Plath at the moment but it's too regimented, "learn off all these quotes", and so I don't really find it fun. Of course I left off History and French. Again, I quite enjoy French as a language but I can't stand the class. 

  • Mondays are pretty good too, once I get past first two classes. Middle three classes are relaxing and fun, Physics is great fun and Irish is relaxing because the teacher is so laid-back. Oh god, I am such a nerd.
  • Thursdays are fun up until lunchtime, although there's a hell of a long trek from the Chemistry lab to English (and an even longer one from Chemistry to Maths). After lunchtime, the only spot of hope is Maths.
  • I'm just going to take a moment to appreciate non-exam religion and the fact that the teacher lets me/us study during it.
Tada! My comments on and odd analysis of my school timetable. We have learned that I am a dork, and a lucky one.

Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment