Tuesday 30 July 2013

Top Ten Favourite Beginnings/Endings in Books

I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I didn't number them becayse I can't choose between a lot of them, but these are all in my top ten.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (J.K. Rowling) - Ending

It was a huge shock (Dumbledore!) but it was a really dramatic ending and I have to repect that.

Fragments (Dan Wells) - Beginning

This really kept up the momentum from the previous book, and it was a great entrance into a brilliant book. Started with a bang!

Skulduggery Pleasant: Kingdom of the Wicked (Derek Landy) - Ending

CURVEVBALL! The last chapter epilogue was just THE BIGGEST TWIST.

Partials (Dan Wells) - Ending

I don't know why I loved this so much. It was just enjoyable.

The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) - Beginning

Not the exact beginning, but the reaping - it was excellently described and really let me into the world.

Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox - Ending

All the plotlines melded really nneatly and naturally here, I loved it.

Temeraire: Throne of Jade (Naomi Novik) - Beginning

Drama was just brought right up from the start, as was the emotional core of the story.

Temeraire: His Majesty's Dragon (Naomi Novik) - Ending

The ending to this one was really heartwarming after all the adventure, I must say.

Blood Ties (Sophie McKenzie) - Ending

This all tied in really neatly, and the description was beautiful.

North Child (Edith Pattou) - Beginning

This really brought me into the faiytale world well.

So those are my Top Ten for this week! Leave links to your own TTT in the comments, or if you don't have a blog you can just suggest some endings in the comment itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment