Wednesday 24 December 2014

I did it! 100-4-100 complete

For the past 100 days, I've been in a challenge over at the Go Teen Writers blog where you write 100 words every day for 100 days (with one day off per week, and one week off per challenge).

I just completed it today (23/12/14) and thought I'd share my thoughts. Unfortunately, don't have time for a long entry (Young Scientist write-up frenzy), but still.


  • Was it a good experience?
It's nice to know that I managed it (and did another writing challenge in the middle, NaNoWriMo), but I wouldn't do it again. I normally have a pretty stringent 1000-words-a-day rule, but I felt trapped by having to do the 100 words every day, so much so that I feared stopping more than I should have.

  • What are the pros and cons of the challenge?
Pros: sense of camaraderie amongst the Go Teen Writers community was strengthened, bragging rights (though only to a small group of people who'll care), made progress in the novel on days when I didn't feel like it.

Cons: sense of obligation, added to daily to-do list, had to keep it in the back of my mind all the time.

  • Narcissistic question: what does this say about me?
I am the queen of FOMO (fear of missing out). Honestly, I knew how much I had on and yet I still took this up. I am unable to resist a challenge. 

Some mixed feelings, yeah, but I'm glad I gave it a go and succeeded. I wanted to do it at least once and now I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment