Sunday 11 January 2015

Aftermath

Here's my dilemma (and what an inconsequential one it is): I'm currently a day behind on posting, but I don't want to post twice. And so I'm going to do something truly thrilling, and decide when to post this when I can be bothered. 

It's Sunday night, and I've had an astonishingly unproductive day. I feel awful. I woke up past 3 p.m., which has to be the latest I've ever woken. I know I've been extremely tired because of the BTYS, but still. I was supposed to catch up on tons of homework for tomorrow and I ruined all that. 

I found a photo of me on Senator Mary Moran's blog that doesn't look awful like last year's: 




I just realised that, for its size, Louth did extremely well. Brap girl is from Louth and she got Overall Biology (or was that Lobster boy?) and Best Individual. St. Vincent's had a couple of winners, I think. Conor Begley from Coláiste Rís was up on the back wall, I think he might've got Best Technology. The page online listing all the Award Winners has suddenly disappeared, but yeah, we did well. Cork blew everyone out of the water, of course. And Synge Street unsurprisingly took Best School.

The media coverage of the winners is different this year, I think because they're Social & Behavioural, only the second S & B to ever win. It could be because they're a group too, but they're not named in the headlines and the articles are written differently from Paul's. I don't think they were expecting to win.

Also found a writeup about me in SiliconRepublic, though there's no picture so you can just find it here. 

It's weird that it's over. I don't know if I want to continue; I guess I feel a bit stung. I'll regret it if I don't, but I seriously have to question whether it's worth it. 

I'm still completely behind on homework and have done nothing today. It's awful when there's one event your life has been focused on for a while and then it just ends. It happened with CTYI too. I do have that other competition, Soroptimists, in February, but I don't think I'll do well at that.

I'm hoping Sentinus 2015 will motivate me to keep working on the project, and that CRANN lets me back into their labs (Tyndall offered but they're far away), so that once it's time to apply for YS 2016 I can. I don't know, I really don't. I started this year's project two days after last year's ended, but I don't know if I'll be ready to launch back in tomorrow.

Sure, I'm being melodramatic. But I'm tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment