Tuesday 27 October 2015

Liebster Tag

I've been nominated for the Liebster tag by Harry McCann of theharrymcc.blogspot.ie. 

1. How would you describe yourself using only three words?

Nerdy, earnest, independent 

2. If I gave you $1,000,000 for 24 hours only, what would you do?

I'm not going to go Ciara's route, so my model for this is that the money goes away after 24 hours, but the stuff I've bought with it doesn't, because it's more fun that way. 

I'd pay off the mortgage, pay my college tuition and maybe tuition for some friends, buy half the books from Waterstones Drogheda and get a personal library, buy a ton of plane tickets to visit people, save about three thousand for various school things (I now realise that time is the biggest issue with this question), pay my family back for various things (I heard once that raising a kid to 18 costs about €160,000), have some cool experiences like bringing friends to Gravity or spade camp or some random island, and then ... Charity, I guess, except I wouldn't know which to choose and it doesn't mean much without that. I'd quite like to do an overhaul of academia - I really like the whole 'gentleman scientist' idea. I really don't know what to do with that much money. Buy three million Freddo caramels?

3. What's your favourite TV series?

I don't watch TV (soz). 

4. iOS or Android? Why?

The only device I have at the moment is an iPad so my hands are tied, but I'd choose Apple anyway because their devices are just so usable and enjoyable. I had an Android tablet once and I found the UI pretty clunky and ugly. Also, Apple emojis win by a mile. 

5. Supposed, supposen, the old man got frozen, how many men got frozen?

One. Duh. 

6. What is your favourite colour?

Deep blue or deep reed. I'm just that deep, man. 

7. What drink do you order in Starbucks?

I've never been to Starbucks. A Starbucks did appear in my town this year though. 

8. Favourite word? 

Jeez, that's difficult. I tend to like slender (caol) words (I just noticed that the word caol is actually very leathan) - words with lots of Es, Is and Ls and few Ms and Ns. For some reason I really dislike 'dite' as in 'erudite', I think it sounds harsh. Off the top of my head, I like lily, equivalent, cliste (Irish) and more. 

9. Favourite book?

Only Ever Yours by Louise O Neill. I was supposed to get a review copy of her latest but it seems to have gotten lost on the way to my house, tragically. I also love Ender's Game, Harry Potter, Skulduggery Pleasant and Artemis Fowl.

10. How many hours old are you?

I'm on a plane so I can't google this, and I don't want to work it out manually. It can wait. Forever. 

11. Favourite food?

Yoghurt. 

My questions for my nominees: 

How do you take your tea, if you drink tea?
What are your favourite names?
How do you feel about flying?
Why did you start blogging?
What is/was your favourite subject in school?
What's your favourite means of transport?
Do you agree with Irish being compulsory in schools?
If you could live in any time period, past, present or future, which would it be?
What do you think of the Irish exam system?
Do you believe in gender quotas?
What's your favourite animal?

Got kinda heavy there, sorry about that. 

My Leibniz nominees are Christine Costello, Edel Browne, Aoife @forwantofabetternerd.blogspot.ie, Gabi @stop_chicken_nugget_abuse.tumblr.com. I can't link to yall because of the Blogger app being near-featureless, but go ahead and do it anyway. 

Rules are that you complete the tag and nominate three other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. I'm nominating four because some have already been nominated but haven't completed the tag. 

Done 10:28

No comments:

Post a Comment