Tuesday 7 April 2015

Interview with Aimee, Book Blogger

Source

This is an interview with book blogger Aimee, from To The Barricade! A few weeks back, she interviewed me over there, so now she's (digitally) paying a visit here. Welcome!

EL: Hey! Why don’t you introduce yourself?

AM: Hi! I’m Aimee - I’m a book nerd, aspiring teen author, and obsessive chocolate enthusiast. 

What inspired you to start blogging?

It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, since I first heard of the concept a few years ago. About six months ago I got a new laptop, which made everything easier, and decided why not try it now? I didn’t know anything about it but I’d started reading blogs like mine and that was hugely inspiring. 

Who is your all-time favourite character?

Oh, that’s a hard one. I’m a huge fan of Darrow, the MC from my favorite book, Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I also love Desmond from the TV show LOST. Scottish sass FTW. 

Do you admire any characters?

Again, lots. I very much admire Connor from Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer, and Darrow once again. 

What are the pros and cons of film/TV adaptations of books? What’s your favourite adaptation?

Pros: 

● You get to see the characters’ faces for once (if they’re cast right) 


Alan Rickman is Severus Snape. 

● If done well, it can be a really cool way to bring the story to life. 

● THE MUSIC. Adaption soundtracks are everything; just sayin’. Especially when they fit the story well. 

Cons: 

● They might cast the actors wrong 

● They might screw everything up (which, sadly, is more often true than not.) 

● It brings a whole lot of only-movie fans into the fandom, and that can get annoying.

Elle - I SO agree with the last point. Everyone's entitled to just watch the movie, but damn can it get annoying. 

How did you grow the community of commenters on your blog? 

Following and commenting on other blogs! Most bloggers check you out if you comment (I suggest doing this) especially if you comment regularly. I also do a lot of promoting on my Twitter and Pinterest and such, although that isn’t as successful. The key is mostly to interact with other bloggers and make sure you comment back on your own blog. Be friendly and approachable! 

How has blogging affected you/your life? Have you learned anything from it?

Hmm...it’s taught me a lot about patience, and sticking to things, and dealing with other people who might blog about perspectives you hadn’t thought of before. It’s time-consuming, but so worth it! 

What fandoms are you in, and how did you get into them?

Doctor Who (started watching because it looked cool), Sherlock (a friend suggested it), LOST (my dear mother told me I’d like it, and I did), Downton Abbey (hey, don’t judge), Marvel (comics and movies, yes, although I’m just getting into the comics). 

What are your ambitions in life?

To write, and write well. To impact something or someone in some way. To be pretty darn awesome, if I do say so myself. 

Do you enjoy school? Why/Why not?

Oh, no. I’d much rather be writing, or reading, or something else that I care about. I get that it’s a necessary evil, but still…*shrugs* I am homeschooled, though, so I definitely have more wiggle room.

Elle - oh, wow, homeschooling. 

Do you have choices in what subjects you do at school? If so, what are they?

Not really...I’ve gotten to pick some of the books I read for English, and I got to pick the language I studied (Spanish), but I just kind of go with it.

What are your favourite songs?

Right now? ‘Company Car’ by Switchfoot, ‘Novocaine’ by Fall Out Boy, ‘I Don’t Need A Soul’ by Relient K, aaaaand… ‘Life In Technicolor’ by Coldplay. 

Elle - I don't actually think I've heard any of these songs.

What do you look for in a friend? In a partner?

Intelligence. That’s #1.

Elle - Yes! Aimee has her priorities straight. 

Finally, where can we find you on the web?

I blog at To the Barricade! (aimeemeesterwrites.blogspot.com) about writing and books and Myers-Briggs and other things. I’m also on Twitter (@theAimeeMeester) and Pinterest. 

Thanks so much for having me, Elle! This was super fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment